DAAD Development Economics Dual Degree Masters Scholarships 2022/2023: Funded through the DAAD programme, the University of Göttingen offers 7-8 scholarships each year for students from developing countries.
About the DAAD Development Economics Award: With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD (funded by the BMZ – Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development) promotes the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2021
- A course of study of at least 6 semesters in length with a Bachelor’s degree comprising at least 180 ECTS credits in the subject of Economics or a closely related subject.
- Verification of at least 150 of the 180 ECTS credits is required at the time of application (83% of your overall credits for programmes with any other structure)
- Academic achievement in Economics and/ or Agricultural Economics and/ or Econometrics totalling at least 60 ECTS credits (as measured for a 180 ECTS bachelor’s programme; for any other programme types at least one third of overall courses taken), including courses in Economic Theory, Agricultural Economics, and Development Economics totalling at least 30 ECTS credits (or one sixth) altogether.
- As part of fulfilling the minimum of 30 ECTS course requirements in Economic Theory, Agricultural Economics, and Development Economics:
- A minimum of 18 ECTS must be from modules with intermediate or high scientific level. For courses to be considered intermediate or advanced, the course content must clearly go beyond introductory or basic concepts.
- Academic achievement in Mathematics or Statistics or Econometrics (in addition to the courses possibly counted above) totalling at least 12 ECTS credits (or 7% of overall credits for other structures).
Proof of relevant language skills for DAAD Development Economics Scholarships
- For a list of accepted language certificates, see: “Required application documents”
Please note that we can only accept one of the listed certificates and that your proof of language proficiency has to reach us either together with your remaining application material or, if sent separately, it still needs to be received within the application deadline.
- Applies only to summer semester 2022 application procedure: You can hand in your English language certificate until one month after the start of lectures of the summer semester 2022. Lectures will start most likely in April. Here you can find our semester dates. If the language certificate is not presented by the given date, this will result in an ex-matriculation with immediate effect.
Please pay attention to the following details
- The determination of the relevancy of previous studies is based on the documents enclosed in the application. Please submit documents that verify special knowledge for the selected course of study (for example syllabi or course descriptions), if not already evident from your transcript of records. This does not apply to Bachelor degree holders of the Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Göttingen.
- Unless needed as part of an EPOS scholarship application, please do not enclose any letters of recommendation. They will not be evaluated.
The following points are evaluated in the pre-selection procedure:
- final grade of the bachelor’s degree (or the comparable university degree)
- CV and letter of motivation (proof of special interest in development field)
- sound knowledge of economic theory documented by a corresponding specialisation and performance in the programme, on which application is based.
Suitable candidates may be invited to a selection interview, if not already admitted based on their application material alone. This interview will be held online (skype) in case of international applicants.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Germany, South Africa
Number of Awards: 7-8 scholarships
Value of DAAD Development Economics Award: The scholarship consists of monthly payments of €750, full insurance coverage, and travel allowance as well as an intensive German language course prior to the programme start. Furthermore, students with children can apply for additional funds to secure their living expenses.
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply for DAAD Development EconomicsScholarship: Apply here
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.